"My mission is to get every child that plays a contact sport to do neuro-protective training as part of their regular training routine."
Hey I’m Richard Brice, I'm an Neuro Athletic & Performance Coach
I teach people how to improve athletic performance by up-regulating the parts of the brain that create and co-ordinate movement . I also teach people how to retrain their nervous system to overcome chronic pain and to recover from concussions.
My professional life is heavily shaped by my personal struggles.
Growing up in England I was a high level athlete who spent more time on the sidelines than on the field. Injuries and pain played a big part of my childhood and affected me in more ways than I want to admit.
Injuries weren’t my only problem though. When I was 22 I became ill, which left me with chronic fatigue, depression and a host of other problems.
Fortunately, after learning applied neurology from Dr Eric Cobb, I was able to overcome all of my health issues. And I'm now able to play sports without pain for the first time in my life.
What I now understand is; most of my injuries and health problems were a result of head injuries sustained playing sports and specifically heading the ball in soccer.
Head trauma is a very real risk for every child that plays a contact sport (Hockey, soccer, football, rugby, lacrosse, boxing etc...) Research is starting to link contact sports to cognitive dysfunction, depression and other issues later in life.
The reality is that most children won't go on to play professional sport. Which is why "My mission is to get every child that plays a contact sport to do neuro-protective training as part of their regular training routine." In addition to reducing people's risk, neurological based training is also the fastest way to improve performance, which makes it a win win!
Due to high demand I have very limited availability, but if you are interested in working with me, call me on 778-891-5024 or click the button below.
Strategy Session Questionnaire
My professional certifications are below:
- BSc (Hons) Science and Football – Liverpool John Moores University
- Z Health Essentials of elite performance (Dr Eric Cobb)
- Z Health R-Phase (Dr Eric Cobb)
- Z Health I-Phase (Dr Eric Cobb)
- Z Health S-Phase (Dr Eric Cobb)
- Z Health T-Phase (Dr Eric Cobb)
- Z Health Structure (Dr Eric Cobb)
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) Mobility Specialist (Dr Andreo Spina)
- Certified Physical Preparation Specialist (CPPS) – (Joe Defranco)
- PICP level 1 strength coach (Charles Poliquin)
- PICP level strength coach (Charles Poliquin)
- Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) level 1 (Anne & Chris Fredericks)
- Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) level 2 (Anne & Chris Fredericks)
- Fascial Stretch Specialist (FST) level 3 (Anne & Chris Fredericks)
- Certified Practitioner of Functional Diagnostic Nutirtion (FDN)
- Certified Gluten Free Practitioner (Dr Tom O’Brien)
- Viola Structural Joint Balancing 1.0 (Joel Crandall)
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition level 2
- Metabolic Typing Advisor Level 1
- BioSignature Level 1 Practitioner (Charles Poliquin)
- BioSignature Lvel 2 – Lab analysis – (Dr Mark Scahuss)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner
- NABBA – advanced personal trainer
- Football Association – football coaching license
- Lawn Tennis Association – tennis coaching license